Gastronomic Specialties , Gran Canaria
Typical Canarian Specialties
Typical canarian: gastronomic specialties
There are a lot of typical canarian foods, dishes and recipes.
In the municipality of Moya on Gran Canaria you can get the famous und typical sweet “suspiros” and the “bizcochos lustrados”.
The so called “Chorizo de Teror” comes, as the name for itself says, from Teror which is also a municipality of Gran Canaria. It is a high-seasoned pork and paprika sausage.
Hint.: A flea market takes places every Sunday in town, there you have the possibility to taste and enjoy some bread with this special sausage.
In Valleseco you have the chance to get to know several delicious gastronomic dishes from the canaries, like:
- Cheese from the “Madrelagua” cheese factory
- The famous “Milflores” honey (thousand flowers)
- Canarian honey-wine
You can also enjoy in Valsequillo numerous typical specialties:
- Grilled meat (very typical for Valsequillo)
- Chorizo, blood sausage, ribs
- “papas arrugadas con mojo” (Canarian ‘crumpled’ potatoes with mojo sauce)